Friday 30 December 2011

52:43 By jove I think she's got it!

For Christmas James and I bought athena a treat ball. You load it up with treats, which then fall out as she plays with it. This would be great if our cat was smart... but unfortunately she isn't the sharpest knife in the draw... or so I thought!


We have been trying for days to show her how it works but when you move the ball and a treat falls out she simply thinks we are giving them to her. However, when I was getting into the shower I heard the ball roll across the floor. Peeking out I saw her eating a treat just near where the ball stopped.

SUCCESS! She gets it!

Well... kind of... she then proceeded to sniff around the area and, granted, around the ball... but didn't quite understand that another one would fall out. BUT I take this as good progress.

In fact, I just rolled the ball to see what she would do...

She ran after it instantly and then, when it stopped, she looked around on the floor. She has definately made the association... but Athena isn't one who really understands the concept of working for your food. Believe me, if it were up to her she would lay on a big cushion every day being hand fed treats and cat food while someone gently fans her.

She is just so adorable though!

No comments: