Thursday 29 December 2011

52:37 My IMAX experience

On December 27 James and I met our friends Kim and Ross in London to see Mission:Impossible Gost Protocol on the biggest screen in Britain... ok I lied: On December 27 James and I met our friends Kim and Ross in London to see the 6 minute prologue to The Dark Knight Rises on the biggest screen in Britain. We can't help it, we're geeks.

Anyway I am not blogging about the film because, well, I already have a website for that (hesaidshesaidfm.com) AND I mainly want to gush about how big the screen was...

OMG THE SCREEN WAS SO BIG!

In fact, research tells me that the screen is 20m by 26m and uses a 11,600 watt digital surroudn system. Crazy.

By the way if you aren't exactly sure what IMAX is, it's a a type of film and film projection. Not many films are produced direct to IMAX film because the frames are 70mm... just think about that for a second... so the majority are converted to this higher resolution.

The screen was so big that when people were on either side of the frame you actually had to move your head from side to side. There was just no way to see everything at once!

I repeat... OMG THE SCREEN WAS SO BIG!

No comments: