Monday 30 January 2012

30 Jan - Overthinking

It is not a good sign when I lose motivation for blogging on only my third post of the year. I think my problem is that I have a lot to say but, when it comes down to writing it, I falter and decide maybe my thoughts are best just staying in my head. And a lot of the time this is true.

I also tend to procrastinate when it comes to blogging because I know I actually have to engage my brain in some kind of cognition when all I want to do is watch TV box sets and cuddle on the sofa with my husband (which we have been doing a lot lately. In fact between watching all six seasons of Dexter so far and almost all of The Big Bang Theory I pretty much feel like I have grown some kind of abnormal attachment disorder to it. This probably isn't good for my mental health when I know I should be going out more but... box sets are cool.)


I think part of my worry about blogging, and vlogging as well, is that it sometimes seems that causing conflict has become the norm in social interaction i.e. saying something controversial and waiting for the discussion to begin. And, while I am a big believer in freedom of speech, I don't think that having opinions and expressing them necessarily has to come from a position of conflict. In fact I wish we lived in a world where more debates were had but with less of the negative intention. I don't want to inspire people to anger or annoyance, rather I want to promote discussion and exploration of complex topics.

Apparently this blog has - in a matter of three paragraphs - transformed from a blog about not having motivation or inspiration for what to write to deep thoughts about how I would like to be perceived by others which, let's face it, is a bit much for 11:30pm on Monday night.

No comments: