Wednesday 28 December 2011

52: 33 Christmas Eve with friends

This is the first year that James and I have had our own place and thus been able to host our own Christmas gathering. We invited people round on Christmas Eve afternoon for mulled wine, mince pies and other nibbles. I even baked biscuits and mince swirls.

It was a really nice afternoon and - because James and I seem to be able o get these things just right - people came and went in a way that meant the party was never dead, nor so full that no one could sit down.

It was a really nice occasion and relatively stress free... although since we went straight to my parents' house after and then spent the next day there and the next day at my sister's and the next day in London... I STILL have the washing up sitting in the kitchen. I may or may not be putting off the housework.

Also, I may or may not have a fridge full of leftover mince pies.

I did however manage to use up some of THE red wine. You know THE red wine right? The bottle that is delivered from party to party as an addition to the general drinks provided? The one that then gets left undrunk and getting dusty in a corner until you are invited to someone else's party and start the cycle again. I cleverly added my red wine to my pre-mulled mulled wine (I trust Sainsbury's mulled wine making skills more than mine).

All in all, it was a good party. A Christmas Eve with friends.

No comments: